Remember WordPress is easy. I was reminded today of how magnificently it works when I realized I was missing the all important “ketchup” photo from a blog post (Ask to “Ketchup” with Friends on Facebook to Build Fans http://designtospec.com/?p=703).
I photo with an iPhone. Who needs a camera when you’ve got a phone! When it comes to how to put a photo on WordPress– Here’s how I did it.
- Use USB cable to plug phone into computer.
- Login to personal WordPress site or blog.
- In WordPress dashboard, click on “Media” (left side menu). Click on “Add New”
- Click the “Select Files” button and then select the photo file from the phone.
It’s An Oops! This is when I had to deal with a mini-crisis—the sideways photo! It’s also where one of the most powerful WordPress tools is buried in the dashboard.
- Click “Edit Image” under the photo.
- In the image editor you can crop a photo, flip a photo, or even rotate a photo. I used this to rotate the photo from landscape to portrait. Whew! The ketchup bottle was now right side up!
To place a photo in a blog post or on a web page.
- Select the desired post or page by using the left menu.
- Be sure you’re working in the Visual mode rather than HTML (see the tabs at the top right of the “post box.“
- Place your mouse were you’d like to place the photo. Then above the “post box,” click the image icon (the first one after the words “Upload/Insert”).
- Now you’ll select “Media Library” from the top of the window.
- Select the photo you just uploaded to the media library by clicking the word “show” to the right of the image thumbnail.
- Scroll to the bottom of the image box and click on the button that says ”Insert into Post”
You can “ketchup” with all the smooth WordPress tricks. You’ll relish how easy it is to edit and post great images in WordPress! And images will cut the mustard with a polished professional look.