Before you engage with an Internet company to register you domain or buy hosting it would be nice to know what it would be like to deal with them. Are they going to be warm and fuzzy or give you the cold shoulder once you have a question? Continue reading “Ask Your Hosting Company: Are We Human?”
Do you need to delete a YouTube video but need instructions? I recently found that I had a video that had not aged well. If found lots of what claimed to be easy steps to delete youtube video, however none of them looked like the 2018 YouTube pages.
Before you delete YouTube video look back to your blog. Have you used the video in any WordPress posts? Once you delete the video it will no longer be accessible to someone who finds and reads your post. You can either delete the post or remove the video embed code from the post. Another reminder is to search your website pages for the use of the video.
So here are the steps relevant to 2018…
How to Delete YouTube Video
1. Login to your YouTube account
2. Click your round profile image in the upper right, this opens a dropdown menu
3. Click on MY CHANNEL in the dropdown menu
4. Click the CREATOR STUDIO button on the upper right
5. Put an X in the box next to the video you want to delete
6. Click the arrow next to the word EDIT. This opens another dropdown menu
7. Click the word DELETE in the dropdown menu
8. You’ll be given a warning that you are PERMANENTLY deleting your video from YouTube
9. Click the word DELETE and IT’S GONE!
A form usually appears on a WordPress site by using a plugin. Its important to keep these plugins updated. Updates may contain privacy or security patches that protect you and your users.
I’m recommending to clients to go beyond looking at their WordPress dashboard for plugin update alerts. Why? — because if a plugin developer has gone out of business or stopped doing updates to keep up with the latest version of WordPress you’d never know. Abandoned plugins will never show you an update alert!
If a form plugin is no longer supported how will you know how it handles your privacy or your website users’ privacy?
Just when I think I’m done writing about FLASH I’m at it again! Your WordPress site may have a FLASH problem. Continue reading “Check Your WordPress Plugins for FLASH”