We had a tornado or a “macroburst” last week that took down trees and took out power. Design to Spec was back in business the same day after starting the generator. Electricity was restored within 5 days and we’re all good.
Last summer I discovered what happens when you don’t post. People think you’re dead. Well maybe not that extreme, but they do think you’re out of business. I slowed down on posting over the summer and new queries started off by asking if I was in business! During that time…
- I got new glasses from an online service. (They are awesome!)
- I continued to go to CrossFit 3 times a week.
- My family put up with me implementing the The Life‑Changing Magic of Tidying Up
- As part of tidying I started posting old photos to a Facebook group (share them with the world rather than store in boxes)
- Went to a fabulous wedding
- Saw a punk rock concert in New York City
- Supported Houston Flood relief
And yes, I was still in business taking on new clients and launching websites. While I was living and working (still alive and in business), the bulk of my projects were “for hire” from marketing agencies, so much like my new glasses — they were awesome, but agency gets the show-off rights.
Let your customers and clients know how you’re doing and what you’re doing. Let’s stay in touch. Catch up on blog posts. I promise I’ll write more. Will you?